Forum > Request editable title for "Staff" page

I have long advocated that you expand your market beyond the church setting. I'm sure there are other organizations that use your software for their picture directory. We are one of them. One way to help those of us that do this is to allow a simple edit of the "Staff" page to say what we want. For instance in our case we would change the title of that page to be "Board". Even some churches may want to change this to say "Elders" or "Pastors". This has got to be a trivial change to make.

I did a lot of looking for software to do an online picture directory and you are the best. I don't understand why you would be so focused on churches when so many other groups would benefit from your software.

April 23, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDon Pottenger

Hi Don,
Thank you for the kind words about our program!

Allowing customized naming is on the improvements roadmap - and is not hard, but it doesn't benefit as many members as other updates we have planned this year, so it's not ranked very high at the moment. I'll add your vote and notes to it.

Did you know you can add named "Page Breaks" under Step 3 - Staff? You'll still see "Staff" as the section title, but then you can have sub-sections under Staff for "Pastors" or "Board." You can add as many page breaks with page titles as you like. You'll see these page titles in the apps and PDF.

The 3rd video in this help document talks about page breaks. https://help.instantchurchdirectory.com/article/1102-creating-and-editing-activity-staff-cover-and-pastors-pages

April 23, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

My group, too, is a non-church user. Our group LOVES this online photo directory, and we would also rename the staff section to "Board" if we could. There are so many great features that can be applied to many groups in addition to churches.

April 23, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterMargie Brindley

Hi Margie,
Thank you for letting us know! Is that the only change you feel is needed to work for your non-church group?

Amy
Instant Church Directory Team

April 26, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

I too use your software not only for our church but also for my family connections. I have adapted parts to make it work for us but the big eye opener when I first told my family members was the name of the app and software. :-)

April 26, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterSandra

Just get rid of the word "church" and make it something like "Your Picture Directory" or something more broad in scope. I bet you'd be surprised on how many more clients you'd get.

April 28, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDon P.

I have written to you about this topic before, glad to know that others feel the same way. Please raise this topic higher up the ladder. So many would appreciate it.

May 6, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterMike Ziegler

We are a church and the app works perfect for the name and instant Church Directory. However we don't call our committe members staff as they are not any payroll. We call them executive Committee Members. So an ability to add and an alias instead of Staff Pages will be very good and customizable for churches depending on what they call their office bearers. Staff is more for organization who are on some kind of payroll. And please don't remove Church from the name is a need for many churches and you are in a niche play.

REgards,

June 9, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJohn George

We had the same issue and the "Page Break" feature under staff works perfectly to do this. The first "Staff" section can be for paid staff. Then create a page break (see note from Amy C. in these comments) and rename the next section to whatever you want. We used Vestry as that is what our executive board is called. You could add a Sunday School teachers section, a band members section, a baseball team section if you wanted to. Our congregation loves the Directory and the photo section.

June 9, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterBruce Harris

Yes am using the Page Break and putting the rest there so that is useful however the home view should have a more personalized label. "Vestry" in your case, Executive Committee Members in our case makes it very personable. Do vote this one up please.

June 10, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJohn George