Forum > Members in two¬†congregations

We have a special situation where a family will be working with us for 6-8 months due to a temporary job assignment. I have included them in our directory but just found out their home congregation also uses Instant Church Directory and they are listed their also. Does the system allow/support the same person being listed in two different directories?

April 23, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDWLarson

Hi,
Your member can be in two directories and our system handles it just fine! That was a feature we added at the end of 2018.

When they sign in the first time, they will see an option to choose a directory. Once they are signed in to the app, they can then choose "Switch Directory" under the Menu in the upper left.

They will not see both directories at the same time but can switch anytime they want.

April 23, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

Second try to post this.
I had the same thing come up last Sunday. The person showed me his phone and that it came up with both churches for him to select. Problem was that our church was listed as "UInknown Church". The other one had the name of the church. Both directories were accessible. What do I need to do to have it show our church name?

April 28, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJim LaRue

Hi Jim!

To add your church name to the directory, simply go to "Step 5 - Cover Page". The title you add here to this cover page is the same title used when a member is using our multiple directory features and will show up as your church's name instead of "Unnamed directory". The image you add here will also replace the black and white church steeple image when a member first logs into your directory on the app. Thank you!

April 29, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Thanks for this information. We have been using this app for over 5 years now and love it.
Have you considered sending an email to all admins, say once a month or once a quarter at least, detailing new features and changes to the directory. I don't follow the Forum unless I have a problem I'm looking to solve. An email update could result is fewer postings on the Forum.

Thanks,

May 1, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJim LaRue