Forum > How to include a "Friends" List

In our old (printed) church directory, we included a "Friends & Away Contacts" list which included names and addresses of our "seasonal" attendees and former members who have moved away. Is there a way to display this information in your app? (Only way so far for me to include this data is to list them all under the "Staff" section, which is really inconvenient.)

May 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterCarol Belt

I was wondering the same thing as we have so many snow birds and some are dual members but some are not but I want to include them all in the directory. Also, we have many new visitors who are repeats and I want to put them in the directory as "friends" should I do this on an activity page?
I also want to have a page of those who have Graduated to Heaven. I tried to make an activity page but it would only let me put 3 people on it and we have had so many pass away in last year or so. help...

June 27, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJoyce Cantrell

Here are a couple options.

1) You can keep the family/individual record Active in the directory and put the word "snowbird" or "friends" etc. next to the person's name.

Or

2) You can make the family record not Active and create a special page under Step 4 that lists any member who is deceased - (3 per page). Those are the two best options for now until we look closer at how best to handle remembering deceased members. If you think of another way, feel free to post out so others can see how you handled it.

Thank you,
Jody

June 28, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

For the time being, I've added a PDF page (to the printable version of the directory) of our "Friends & Away Contacts". This, however, is not accessible to those looking at the directory on-line. So, please consider adding an on-line link to such a page (as is currently done with the Active family files).

July 10, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterCarol Belt

I would also love to see this feature! We try to keep our directory to active local families, but would love to have a separate page for those who have moved away.
Some of those who have moved also REALLY miss using the app on their phone since they are no longer listed as active.

July 10, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterPam Hunter