Forum > csv wizard output

Hello. I am a new user and like this program very much. I'm sure you get requests for enhancements all the time since everyone has different things they are trying to accomplish. One thing that would be helpful for me is the ability to generate a .csv with all of the fields, not just the ones that are currently included in the wizard. Then, I could download that and modify it to use the fields needed for my particular task.

For example:

If the csv output could include the birthday, including the year, I could calculate age.
If it included whether the person is a member or not, I could easily create a list that filters only members.

Is this something others have requested? Are there any plans to add this additional functionality for csv exporting?

May 10, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMike Bartosch

Hi Mike!

Thank you for your post. I can see how these items would be helpful. We have had a handful of customers request similar items on the csv output. I have also included your notes as well. This definitely helps us as we add features, but I don't know when this would be picked up.

May 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

We are testing the system in our "free" month so please excuse if these questions have already been asked..
An output .csv with all fields would be beneficial to create personalised reports.
Alternatively, can one create any sort of reports on the app? (Other than the directory)
Tks

May 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterEstelle Harris

Hi Estelle!

We're glad you're trying out Instant Church Directory!! You can also check out the tutorials link on the top of the admin page for additional help.

There are currently no reports on the app, but that is something that we're looking at adding.

The output of the csv is something I've captured for the team to look at in the future when updating current features.

Thank you for your questions. Have a terrific day!

May 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Thank you for your response. Our church currently run a database as well as trying out this App for a DIrectory. One of my greatest challenges will be to align the two sources of data and a .csv data dump would help but I understand development takes time.

Another question. I see that there is a "membership yes/no" field. Does this data pull through to anywhere other than just displaying info when a person is selected? We need to be able to select Members and non-members when running Directories.
A work around would be to create a Group but before I go ahead and do that, please advise.
Tks

May 30, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterEstelle Harris

Hi Estelle!

It will bold members and unbold non-members on the Printed Directory Only, but it does not create a separate section for members or non-members. If you want to group all members and non-members together, then yes, a group would be the best way to do that. Thank you!

May 30, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I agree being able to either generate a report or better yet output to a CSV file would be wonderful! We also have a second member database and I would like to be able to compare the two lists using a spreadsheet or database tool.

Thanks!

July 3, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAndy L.

I didn't see it until after I posted my previous post just a few minutes ago, but there IS the option to output to a CSV file. Perfect! The pictures don't translate, also, but for now this works fine. Thanks!!

This reply - question is in reference to Andys reply above....Where do I find the option to output to a CSV file?

July 3, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDoug

This reply - question is in reference to Andys reply above....Where do I find the option to output to a CSV file?

Go to the spot where you can edit the names in your directory. At the very bottom of the screen, you will see "To Export your list for mailing labels, click here." Click on that and you will get the full datafile, best I can tell!

Thanks Andy. Exactly what I was looking for. I actually had noticed that once before, but since it's at the bottom of the page I had forgot where. Thanks again.

I am on day 3 of the trial, and I would like to make Instant Church Directory the Data Source for several applications. The export link at the bottom of the Members page should be in a Tools option. The issue is that the resulting CSV file does not include Groups and the relationship to the Members.

While I would prefer a SQL connector to the data, I could work with .CSV files if the Group relationships are available in the extract request, or, in the CSV itself. I would prefer a full dump.

An example application for this export is related to distinguishing between Voting Members and regular members who have no vote during business meetings. I have created a Group called "Voting Members", and I only want the Last Name, First Name to appear on an attendance roster. I can use the CSV for a MS Word Mail Merge to create a Membership Check List. I can think of many different custom reports, I just need the data.

July 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterRandy

Hi Randy!

Thank you so much for posting out. I have captured your notes for our team when looking at adding features, however, this isn't something we're looking at updating in the near future. Have a terrific day!

July 16, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.