Forum > Text Messaging

Thank you for the inclusion of the Text Messaging feature of ICD. This is a feature we would love to use but find the cost of the extra feature too expensive. We are a very small church (45) but do a lot of manual text messaging. Our 3-5 texts per week would put us in the $120 tier.

March 20, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterLes Williams

I agree with this post. We love the texting ability but the cost is too high. Much higher than if we added a phone to our call plan and used it primarily for texting our congregation. Also the text limit on the message is way too small. It needs to go up to around 400 characters. But still it is great to have the ability to send out directory wide texts.

March 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterKay Robinson

Thank you for the feedback on the Text Message Plan. Yes -- it's expensive, and that's mainly because that's what it costs us to send out the texts, believe it or not. We don't actually have much of an upcharge on those plans - so we're forced into those current plan costs.

We are working on other alternative solutions by using messaging through the App that we hope will be a less expensive alternative for smaller churches like yourself.

And as always, the Quick Message email features is always Free with your membership. You'll find this on Step 9 - Broadcast News.

March 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Jody, are you saying that I can send as many messages a week as needed without an additional cost. I thought it was $15.99 for one text message a week. Our subscription is paid up for two years.

March 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterKay Robinson

Hi Kay!

Under Step 9 - Broadcast News, you'll find the Quick Message feature. This feature is free and allows you to send a quick plain text email message to your entire contact list or selected group(s). The text message plans are the ones that are billable.

March 22, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.