Forum > Photo request via email

When requesting photos via email, if the family has more than 1 (2+) emails, the way mail servers grab them, the email enter as one, not as separate emails. Therefore, the email requests are never sent because the email addresses are all grouped together instead of being separated by a comma.

March 10, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJacob Burkholder

Hi Jacob! When entering more than one family email, I would suggest adding a semi colon in between each email address OR key one email per line. This will ensure the emails are sent correctly. If you have any further questions, please let us know. Have a great day:)

March 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Semi colons didn't work for me. Have to put one on top line, and then cc.to other emails. On cc line you can use semi colons

March 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCarolyn H

Hi Carolyn!

Do you have the family and individual email addresses keyed into the family record before you request a photo via email?

I'm asking because if the email addresses are in the family record, the semi colons will appear when you click the link to request a photo via email. You shouldn't have to key in them into the physical email. If you do have them keyed in, let me know the steps you are taking and we'll see if we can get this figured out:)

March 15, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Our church is undergoing a major push to update our directory. I have had several tell me they have tried to upload a photo and it wouldn't work for them. Then I am also wondering if families are getting the email request. So I emailed myself to request a photo and test the procedure. I have yet to receive the email with the link. I re-read the messages posted on this page and for me the suggestions don't pertain. I am the only person in my listing with only one email.

I use the app all the time (IPhone) so I cannot judge new updates as yet. All of these features need to work easily or members of our church will just ignore our requests. I think some members and Pastor love the app because it is the old version. New users are having trouble.

Sandra

February 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterSandi

So finally decided to check my Email Filter and there it was. Decided it was Junk Mail. So I was able to upload a photo and it worked just fine.

February 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterSandi

Hi Sandi,
You noted that new users are having trouble with the updated Android app. if you can share any specifics we may be able to help or it may shed light on an issue we aren't aware of yet.

As for the request photo email going to spam... email providers are all so different as to what goes to spam and what doesn't. We are sending them in a way that should minimize that as much as possible. One thing we learned recently is that emails going to Verizon & AOL addresses are being filtered as spam at a much higher rate because of a change they made. Our email sending service noted that Verizon & AOL are working mitigate the problem.

Amy
Instant Church Directory Team

February 13, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

Thanks Amy C. - We are putting extra effort into updating our directory so I will be working with individuals more to download the app. One of the problems recently was they were having trouble remembering different passwords, etc. As I work with more individuals I will take notes and get back to you. Something tells me that people that tell me they couldn't get it downloaded gave up too easy or are using that as an excuse when I encourage them more.

February 13, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterSandra

Another Android user having trouble with the update. She has tried most all of the things I have asked her about, including turning the phone on and off. She said her problem is that it comes on, then quickly goes away. She has also tried going to the app store and reinstalling. Hope you can help.

April 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMary Elliott