Forum > When sending an email request

As I was working on sending out an email to get a family photo and would be in the email I started and want to go back to get a correct name to personalize the email, when I returned to the email I had started, it defaulted back to the generic wording and I lost my info I added to make it more personal.

It would be helpful to be able to return to the email you are working on and have it be as you left it. No option to save. Would be helpful if there was.

Can this generic email be edited and saved?

Thank you

February 9, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterRuth

Hi Ruth,
Currently there is no option to save a draft of the email for requesting photos. I'm adding that to our improvements list to consider.

Amy
Instant Church Directory Team

February 13, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

Has tracking photo requests moved up the ladder at all? If there was just a query we could run that would be great.

May 10, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDot

Hi Dot!

We want to make sure we are understanding your question. Are you referring to the ability to track what family has been sent a photo request email or is there something else you are looking for? Thank you!

May 15, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Hello Jody,

Yes, I would like to be able to track the families I have requested a photo from.

Thank you

May 15, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterDot

Hi Dot!

Thank you for your response. Being able to track family photo requests is still on the roadmap, it just hasn't made it high enough to get on an upcoming release (yet). We appreciate you! Have a terrific day.

May 17, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.