Forum > Adding Administrators

Hello everyone! I seem to be missing the instructions on how to add administrators. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Gail

March 26, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterGail

Hi Gail! At this time, Instant Church Directory does not support multiple administrators. I know this would be a useful feature and it's something we have captured for the future.
You can share your administrative password among other staff and can even sign in at the same time, you'll just want to be careful to not edit data at the same time to avoid conflicts.

March 28, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Multiple administrators is something that id definitely needed. Sharing of user IDs/Passwords is never a good practice--especially for admin accounts. Please add this feature.

March 20, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJoel W.

Hi Joel! I have added your input for our team as well. Thank you so much.

March 21, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Definitely need multiple administrators. Commenting as seems additional support for the feature may help with priority.
Thanks!

April 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKim

Hi - can someone update this string as to whether this feature is going to be added anytime soon? Thanks!

May 17, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKathy FP

Hi Kathy,
We do not have plans to add this feature in 2017.

Amy
Instant Church Directory Team

May 18, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.

Adding additional administrators would help us a lot. Please consider adding in the future.

June 28, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterLaura

This is something that would be VERY useful for us as well. especially the ability to have a "mini" admin with only the directory or only the activities page modification rights.

I'm honestly surprised its not already a feature since all the building blocks are already there.

July 9, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKurt

Laura and Kurt - I have added your comments for our team to review when we select new features to pick up. Thank you so much!

July 10, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Yes, this would be a very nice addition to your service.

September 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMelissa M

Hi! Last we heard, this wasn't going to be added in 2017. How about 2018? 2019?

September 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterKathy FP

I am still in the process of evaluating ICD and seeing that there is only one person that can do any editing via the Administrative sign-in is a big problem. I hope others agree that it would be necessary to have a non-admin person doing data entry. We will need to be able to have a temporary ad min or guest type sign in with the ability to select which fields they can edit. And the ability to change the password when necessary i.e. a change in volunteers or staff. With that feature it may also be helpful to have an activity tracking log by sign in.

What if any, are the plans to update?

September 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDot

We definitely hear you and it is high on the roadmap. It pains us to say this... but we can not guarantee it for 2018. Maybe... but no guarantees.

Adding a tracking log by user is not high on the roadmap, but adding roles with different permissions is.

Have a great day!

September 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Multiple admin ids would be very helpful. Our church is VERY security conscious and sharing ids and passwords is a real no no unless the user changes the password when it changes hands, if only temporarily. I worked for a large IT dept and this is the way we had to handle it in order to avoid audit exposures. Multiples being logged on at the same time also seems quite dangerous.

September 25, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMindy C