Forum > Notification when photo submitted

Is there any way to get a notifcation when someone submits a photo for review

January 6, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJohn Murphy

Good Morning, John!

Yes! When you log into your Instant Church Directory account, there will be a notification at the bottom right of the home page letting you know that photos have been submitted and are ready for review. By clicking on that notification, you will be taken to a page where you can view the images, choose the correct family that the image belongs to, and approve the image. I hope this helps:)

January 7, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I believe what John (and I) would like to have is notification by email (or perhaps text message) that a new photo has been received. That would be very helpful. Also, when viewing the submitted photo, it would be helpful to have the email address or last name of the person who submitted the photo. In a large church, first names only can be tough to match with the proper family. Thank you!

January 22, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterBrent M

That's exactly what I'm looking for

January 22, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJohn

Brent M and John -
Good Morning! Gotcha! I could see where that would be helpful. I have captured this for our team. Keep the feedback coming:)

January 25, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

How long does it take to get the notification? I am using the trial and sent myself an email request for a photo for my family. I uploaded a photo, but it hasn't shown up yet. What is the normal time frame?

February 10, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterBill M

Hi Bill M.
It usually takes less than 5 minutes. Once an image is submitted, the admin must approve the photo before it shows in the directory.
When you log into your Instant Church Directory account, there will be a notification at the bottom right of the home page letting you know that photos have been submitted and are ready for review. By clicking on that notification, you will be taken to a page where you can view the images, choose the correct family that the image belongs to, and approve the image.
If this doesn't solve your issue, please let me know! Thank you.

February 11, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I would also like a notification by email to know if a photo has been submitted. Is there any progress in adding this feature?

October 8, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterLaura K

Hi Laura! This is something that we have captured for a future improvement, unfortunately, I don't have a time frame on when this might be picked up.

October 10, 2016 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Very much interested in having a notification feature as well.
Since admins must do everything in this program, a notification helps us remain timely and up-to-date thus making InstantChurchDirectory look good... without it, the program becomes less appealing.

February 1, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterSandy

I agree. I heard about the service from another church. Their only hiccup was that they didn't "see" the little note/link when new photos had been uploaded and had a lot of people frustrated that their picture wasn't getting added, even though the admin was logging and looking...she didn't scroll down and squint. :) While making this notice more prominent would be a good start, I agree that a true notification generation via email to the admin would be a great service, as admins aren't typically logging into the directory daily to check for uploaded pictures...I doubt the come daily to even the largest churches. An email notification would ensure that the admin was notified and could update/add photos in a timely manner.

February 8, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterChris

In October of 2016, Jody H posted that this change was in the works but had no date as to when it would be incorporated. Over 1 1/2 years have passed and it still has not been incorporated. I do not log onto the site unless I have reason to. So, I do not necessarily see that people have posted photos. A notification that there has been some activity on the site would certainly be helpful.

April 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterCarl B

I too am a fairly new user and don't really like having to login as admin to the site on a regular basis just to see if members have added a picture. An email notification that a picture has been uploaded would be a great feature. Thanks for making such a great product.

April 3, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDoug

Thank you all for continuing to ask for this! I'm bringing this up with our team to see if if we can get it ranked higher and possibly pick it up on our next round of Administrator Website updates. No guarantees, but hearing so many of you wanting this will certainly rank it higher.

Instant Church Directory Team

April 3, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAmy C.