Forum > Search By Phone Number

Some members have suggested searching by phone number. When they miss a call, they would like to find out if it was a church member.

February 3, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJim

Hi Jim,
On the app or the members website? Or both?
Thanks,
-Jeff

February 5, 2015 | Registered CommenterJeff Widmer

Mainly on the app.

February 16, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterJim

A member asked about this. I found this small discussion from almost 3 years ago. Has there been any development on doing a search by phone number recently?

November 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterTLC

Hi TLC! This is not something that has been picked up, yet. I have added your comment for our team, that you had a member asking for it. We appreciate you posting out! Have a terrific day.

November 3, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I have members asking about searching the Directory by telephone number, as well.
This would be a helpful tool! Please consider.

February 19, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJane Massey

I think this would a useful feature as well.

May 17, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterLacey

I have had numerous requests for this feature to be added as well.

June 4, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterBrenda

This would be a very helpful tool. Thanks.

June 5, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDoug

We have also had numerous requests for this feature.

June 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJulie

We have also had this same request from multiple people. It would be deeply appreciated by the pastoral staff for when text messages are received from someone that is not saved as a personal contact to be able to find them and reply by name. Thank you!!!

July 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDavid

Hi Instant Church Directory team,

I do see this as a great tool as well, but I am wondering about potential security issues with this feature. Would someone on staff be willing to elaborate more on your team's perspective on this topic? I would like to see this feature added, but if you all see a few good reasons it shouldn't happen, I would be curious to hear you out on them. Kind of a both sides of the coin perspective for me. Thanks in advance.

July 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterRyan H

Hi Instant Church Directory team,

I do see this as a great tool as well, but I am wondering about potential security issues with this feature. Would someone on staff be willing to elaborate more on your team's perspective on this topic? I would like to see this feature added, but if you all see a few good reasons it shouldn't happen, I would be curious to hear you out on them. Kind of a both sides of the coin perspective for me. Thanks in advance.

July 11, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterRyan H

Hi Ryan H.,

Are you asking if we have security concerns with allowing someone to do a search on phone numbers inside the app? Is that what you mean? Or are there other security concerns you'd like to understand?

July 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

Sorry. I'm just assuming there are security reasons why the search by number feature is not in the app. If that isn't why, that's fine. Just wondering if this is a feature we should not expect and if so, for what reasons, security or otherwise.

July 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterRyan H

Hi Ryan H.,

No, it's not security reasons. We have quite a few other features that are higher up on our Roadmap that we are currently working on. Thank you for posting out. Have a great day!

July 16, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I would also very much appreciate a way to recognize when an unknown text or missed call has come from someone at the church. I can reach out to church members using the app, but cannot recognize who has reached out to me if they are not already in my personal contacts. A search function by phone number within the app would REALLY help!

September 18, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterCorinne