Forum > Announcements / Prayer Requests in Mobile App

I think it would be great, and very useful to have the ability to have a message or announcement section in the mobile app. This could be used to display prayer requests, upcoming events, etc. It could be another tab just above the Staff Members tab.

August 28, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterShawn

Additionally, the ability to push notifications to mobile devices would be awesome! Just think, a pop-up message notifying everyone that John was just in an accident and needs prayers, or that the mid-week service has been cancelled due to a power outage. The possibilities are endless. :)

August 28, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterShawn

Thanks Shawn! These are both nice ideas.
-Jeff

August 29, 2013 | Registered CommenterJeff Widmer

I like both of these ideas as well. The push notifications would be especially helpful.

September 1, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterJohn

The ability for the Admin to be able to send push notifications is a NEED NOW option!
We had a mobile app for our church but decided to pull the plug on it seeing that we now have a mobile friendly website. But I REALLY miss the push notification feature I had access to.
We have the remind app for our prayer chain, but this would be handy for announcements not prayer chain related.

September 6, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterSara

Hi Sara!

Have you used the Broadcast News - Step 9? There is an option to send a plain text email message to your entire list or selected group(s). IF this doesn't fit your needs, please let me know more details on what would help you so I can pass it along to the team. Thank you for posting out!

September 7, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.

I have used the plain text email in the past. It is a nice feature to send out a quick email to the whole list because sometimes I forget to update my email list after I add new people, so that gives me all the email addresses in one spot. However, we have a lot of people who do not check their email regularly. An actual push notification from the admin on this app would be able to send it directly to their phone as a notification. So they would see it when they check notifications...which...we all do about 4000 times a day...lol.

September 7, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterSara

Unfortunately, many do not check emails or texts. It seems many of the younger crowd has moved to "Snap-chat" and since we do not monitor that application, for obvious reasons, many will not receive communications by choice. I'm not very tech savvy but I'm learning. That being said, please be patient as I'm trying to get information from our church family and apply it here. It's a slow process because, as previously mentioned, many do not respond even in person. Thanks!

September 9, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterThomas

Sara,

Thank you for your response. I can see how this would be helpful and have added your notes for our team when looking at future features to add. Have a terrific day!

September 10, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJody H.